Parish history

Dateline (1822~1997)

  • 1822 Arrival of Alexander Berry at Coolangatta
  • 1823 Erection of Scots, Sydney, whose window rests in Scots Berry
  • 1836 Other members of Berry family arrive
  • 1837 First Presbyterian Service – Rev. John Tait
  • 1853 Rev. Dr. Win Grant arrived in the Shoalhaven
  • 1858 Rev. Dr. John Kinross visiting from Gerringong
  • 1861 Charge of Gerringong transferred to Nowra
  • 1878 Charge of Broughton Creek established Rev. John Dymock appointed
  • 1883 Original manse constructed in Berry
  • 1884 Original Presbyterian church opened in Berry
  • 1928 Jubilee service held
  • 1934 Present church opened and dedicated (83 Victoria Rd Berry)
  • 1958 Old Church all open and dedicated
  • 1978 Centenary of Scots Church, Berry
  • 1997 160th Anniversary Service

 

 

Advertisements